- Representing the partner library through active participation in Reference Services Group meetings and on the Ask a Librarian Delaware (AaLDE) listserv (Reference listserv).
- Making sure questions are answered in a timely manner – within 24 hours or 2 to 3 days around weekends and holidays – and with best practices (elements for answering questions) as presented in training. Uses the Reference listserv to request assistance when needed.
- Contacting other liaisons with ideas and for help on questions; we are a statewide team and use the strength of our specialties to help library patrons everywhere.
- Contributing to the very success of the Ask a Librarian Delaware service by coordinating promotion of the service to local communities, library management and staff/colleagues.
- Recommending new staff for training and letting the AaLDE Statewide Coordinator know when refresher training, liaison training, and/or new staff training are needed.
- Help new staff with basic email training in order for that staff person to be able to respond to emails/texts, add tagging and Reference Analytics (Dewey Delaware).
- Reviewing their provider libraries’ transcripts, follow up with patrons as needed, and provide feedback to their libraries’ librarians to recognize excellent work and to constructively give information for improvement, when needed. Adding tags and Reference Analytics and submitting the questions as “closed” when they are completed.
- Setting staff “Away” status if needed (so that questions are not assigned to that person).
- Maintaining regular contact with the AaLDE Coordinator, Missy Williams.
Overview and Resources for Liaisons
Remember that if you are having software issues with LibAnswers, make sure to clear your browser’s cache & cookies first, if this doesn’t work, then reboot.
For additional help:
Ask a Librarian
Consortium Technology Support